December 24, 2005

Shit on the Liver


I fuckin' hate christmas. And that is because it is cheap, trashy and stressful. How is anyone supposed to 'enjoy' themselves when they are meant to. Stupid bloody thing.

So I went to the market today, and it rained and everything seemed a bit gloomy. Met up with AM and LP and bitched about the weather. I told AM that it felt good to be back with my people, and that I needed some traditional food. She said oh my god, so I started singing My Island Home, which I think should be some kind of Tasmanian anthem. Yes, today I embraced my cultural heritage, and appreciated the Tas aesthetic. There's nothing like a good solid Tasmanian man with a massive beard, polar fleece and sandals with socks, buying organic produce from someone with more unfortuate body odour than their own. I have a nasty feeling that Tasmanian women are slightly more hirsute than women from other parts of Australia. It is a scary little place I tell you.

To more pressing matters:

I am watching Rage and it is shitting me to tears, because I think perhaps I hate The Strokes more than I despise that evil and thankfully dead Jeff Buckley. The Srokes seem to make fairly godawful music, but to salt the wound further, they are also eejits. I hate the faux stoned rock star voice.

AM just sent me a text about the masturbatory rock on Rage.

I think that just about relieves me of my burden.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear god you have been busy. I am sitting here giggling my head off. Your blog, i thought would be a few lines here and there, but oh no, of course, it is an epic thingy-me-bob and you have the music of the sphincters(?) in there. Oh, so very lovely. Your blog looks good lady. I wish to touch it.

5:30 am  
Blogger ida gasp said...

ha ha. Not goth geek, and you can touch it if you would like to. I had to include music of the sphincters (the day after we had been talking about it) because I kept laughing about it. Good night lady boy.

5:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ida gasp, how the blog loves you and you love the blog. it is almost like bog and poo.

4:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home